Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back to the grind

Well I feel like I am getting back to normal again. Today I got up early to do some speed work. I did 4, one mile repeats at an 8 min/mile pace. I felt good and felt like I kept the same pace up for all 4 miles. I did an easy 4 miles yesterday and so I am off to a good start for the week. My shins are still bothering me some so I am going to be more diligent in icing them. I just have such better days when I get up and get my runs done with early. I know I need to be careful these last few weeks so that I stay injury free. I would be so disappointed if I went all this way only to get injured the last leg. I hope that alternating between my new shoes and my old shoes isn't affecting my legs, I know old shoes can be a major injury causer in shins and knees.
I've been reading a lot in my running magazine this week trying to get motivated to push myself these last 4 weeks. I know that if I can make it through this week then I'll make it to the end, I just need to keep reminding myself that. At night when I go to sleep I just keep thinking, 22 miles...22 miles... Well at least I have The Biggest Loser to look forward to tonight, that always gets me motivated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment