Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Final Countdown

Is it really Tuesday, I mean am I really running this Saturday?? I can't believe the marathon is just days away. I feel like every time I talk to anyone they are asking me if I'm ready. Um...not sure, I don't know, is it too late to back out? Today I went out for a cold and windy 3 mile jog. I just keep praying for no wind on Saturday. The forecast grows bleaker with every passing day. Its gone from sunny to partly cloudy, to mostly cloudy. From high of 60 to 55 to low 50s. I can handle the cold, I can, I just can't do the wind like my 22 mile run. I guess there are lots of turns so if it is windy you are never actually into the wind for very long before you turn again. I guess that is comforting. Just make the final 4 miles downhill and with the wind, is that too much to ask for? I feel good, I'm trying to get as much rest as I can and get everything done during the week that I need to do this weekend. I am making meals ahead of time and getting the house clean, laundry done, etc. Josie was good this morning, better than yesterday, she has just seemed so tired lately. I hope we are feeding her enough.

The plan is to do maybe 4 miles tomorrow and 3 on Thursday. I might go out for a short jog on Friday and then its game time. 4 days away, just 4 little days.

No comments:

Post a Comment