Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day of Rest

I'm resting today and I'll be honest, its hard to rest. It was hard to not get up and go running this morning. Its not just about the run but about how it makes me feel the rest of the day. Its just my favorite way of getting the day started and helps me be in a better, more productive mood all day long. So after my alarm went off this morning, I just lay in bed (with a sweet little boy cuddled up next to me) thinking about how I have to stay in bed. I did that for about 15 or 20 minutes until my little one woke up for the day. I had to keep telling myself I needed to rest today even though my whole body was asking for a run. Not to mention my little running partner laying at my bedside waiting to get out there. But it will be worth it to have fresh legs for the marathon. Oh my gosh, that marathon, two days away...crazy!

I had a dream last night that we were late to the marathon. It was very, very similar to when we were late to our cruise. I woke up plenty early but A Bear wanted to play cards before we left so we played a few games and then I realized we were going to be late. I was running around trying to figure out what to wear and get dressed and I was trying to get help but no one would help me. It was a really weird dream. I think I'm just nervous and thinking about it way too much.

But yesterday I bought some new tunes and right now I am putting them on my newly fixed Ipod. I hope this helps, I am excited to have some new music to listen to. Tomorrow I am going to make a list of everything I need and get it all packed up. I just can't believe it. I'm getting so close.

1 comment: