Thursday, February 11, 2010

Winter Wonderland

That is what we ran in this morning. We woke up to the earth being covered with a blanket of snow. I could hardly believe it! Where is my Texas? It has been so crazy to have this cold weather. I thought it would be fun for Josie to go out and run in the snow and so we headed out for a slow 5 mile run. I was so worried that I would slip and fall but I stayed on both feet and Josie was very good. She had a lot of fun running through the white powder and I couldn't help but laugh when she would pee in the snow and it would melt away. I loved seeing our footprints leaving their mark and as we were returning home I loved seeing children running through the streets throwing snowballs. As soon as I got back I had A Bear take a picture of us running and then of Baby C playing in the snow. Of course it was too cold to keep him out very long but we had fun. Then Josie and A Bear just ran around in the back yard, she was apparently not as worn out as I was after 5 miles. I tell you this girl is made of steel.

This week has been tough coming back from my 22 mile run and 42 mile week. I was still very sore on Monday morning and decided to take the day off and then on Tuesday I still didn't feel quite up to it. So I just cross trained and felt good, better than I thought I would. My shins seem to have greatly appreciated the rest and haven't been bothering me since I started running again yesterday. I did 4 miles yesterday and felt pretty good, it mostly just felt good to be out running again. I have felt slow but enjoyed being out running. I didn't know if I would get back into it after the disaster that was 22 miles but I'm starting to feel my motivation coming back to me. But this cold, cold weather is not helping. Nor is the ice and snow that we are expecting for the next couple of days. I just have to keep my telling myself that I am nearing the finish line. I got a new running hoodie and so hopefully that will help too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment