Saturday, February 20, 2010

Week 17

The last week before the final week. :) It was as pretty laid back week that ended well. I ran 26 miles this week finished off with an 8 mile run today. It was a good run, the first four miles I ran with Josie and she was kinda sluggish. It made it hard for me to get my pace going. So the last 4 I ran by myself at about a 7:50 min/mile pace. I felt good and it was nice to feel like I could push myself a little running since I was only going 8 miles. I just can't believe a week from today I will be running 26.2 miles. It is crazy, I just don't know if I'm ready. I mean I know I am ready to be done but is my body going to make it? I am planning on just having a pretty easy next week and just getting myself ready. I want to try and eat real good and get plenty of rest at night. Hopefully Baby C will cooperate with that. A Bear is getting ready for his 5 K and we're just both excited to be a part of the race.

The weather was pretty warm today. I ended up stopping by the house and changing into some shorts and a lighter shirt because I got so hot. It has made me think about how I will layer for the marathon. I think it will be much cooler that day but the weather can change a lot in 4 hours. But I think I have most things ready. I have my GUs, the clothes, arrangements made for the baby, I just need to get it all together.

Well 17 weeks down, just more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment