Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 16

I can't believe it, its just two weeks away. My marathon that I have been training for for 16 weeks is now just days away. I feel like I can start saying it in terms of how many days I have left. I finished up strong and now I just have one more Saturday run and then its marathon time. Today I finished up the week with a 12 mile run and I felt great. I kept good pace, about 8:20 min/mile. I did the first 5 with Josie and she had a blast. I have enjoyed running with her in the snow so much. Yesterday we got so much snow it was crazy and I wasn't sure if I wanted to go out running in it but Josie was so excited that I just had to take her and she had a blast. She just busts through the powder and loves it. Plus she can get a drink whenever her little heart desires. I had such a good time with her. Then I did the next almost 7 on my own and I felt great and knew I was keeping a good pace. I wasn't sure if I would ever get my legs back after last week so it was nice to feel like they are back. And I shouldn't lose them again until the marathon. Today's run brought my weekly total up to 25 miles and one day of cross train. I ended up only not running one day this week which is much better than I thought I would do after barely being able to walk on Sunday and Monday. It was cold and a little windy today but nothing can compare to last week so it felt good to me.
A Bear is starting to get excited about his race too and working on getting a good pair of shoes for the big day. I just think it is going to be so much fun for us to both be doing our races on the same day. I just think its so adorable how hard he is working on his training and wanting to find a good pair of shoes. Alright well, 16 weeks down and just 2 baby weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment