Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Moving downhill

That's how I feel now that I have my Wednesday run behind me, like I am finally moving downhill for the week. And after my long run on Saturday I will finally feel like I am moving downhill on this whole marathon training. After Saturday its just 3 weeks away, that doesn't sound so bad, does it? Today my run went well. Josie was in good shape today and still had a lot left in her to pick up pace of the end. Its weird because just today I was telling A Bear how I am getting run down and injuries are starting to provoke me, but Josie, she remains unphased. She never gets hurts, she doesn't have to ice anything and she's ready every morning for more. What is she doing differently from me? Well a few obvious answers, she is younger than me, an animal, and she is much stronger than me. But also, she rests all day if she needs to. She eats only healthy dog food that we give her (and occasional scraps she finds on the ground), I mean her treats are liver for goodness sakes. The girl is in impeccable shape. I think its good to take a few cues from her, more rest, eat healthy, no treats. Maybe then I wouldn't have aching shins and be icing my knees. Well its certainly something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment